Tourism sponsorship program
The purpose of the Tourism Sponsorship Program is to assist and foster Casa Grande community events with services, supplies and marketing of tourism events and activities. This supports our mission to steward experiences and attractions that strengthen our community and enhance our local economy.
Primary consideration will be given to projects that enhance long-term growth of the tourism industry within Casa Grande, will have the ability to draw visitors from outside the Casa Grande area and will have a positive impact on the local economy. The program is open to projects that align with one or more of the following strategic plan goals:
- Attract visitors from out of the area
- Inspire interest in the local tourism and hospitality industry
- Serve to promote travel and tourism to Casa Grande
Applicants must show what economic impact their project will have in Casa Grande. The sponsorship fund availability is based on the Casa Grande Tourism yearly budget allocation for this purpose. Maximum funding for a single event will be as follows:
Maximum amount allowed For-Profit Organization
Maximum amount allowed Non-Profit Organization
Small Event 20 – 1,000
Up to $500
Up to $1,000
Medium Event 1,001 – 3,000
Up to $1,250
Up to $1,750
Large Event 3,000+
Up to $2,000
Up to $2,500
- The event must be held in Casa Grande. For medium to large events, majority of attendees must be from outside of the City.
- The event should be considered family-friendly
- Groups, organizations and businesses seeking program funding are required to meet with the Tourism Program Manager or his/her designee prior to submitting an application.
- The Tourism Office must be provided marketing of equivalent value to the level of sponsorship awarded.
- The Tourism Sponsorship Program will receive credit in all advertising funded through this grant. (Sample wording: This ad sponsored in part by the Casa Grande Tourism Sponsorship Program. An approved logo will be provided.)
- The applicant must have applied for and received any permits required by the City for their event.
- The use of funds received through this grant will NOT be used to purchase alcohol.
Application is required to be completed and received by Casa Grande Tourism Office at least sixty (60) days prior to the event. Matching funds are required for events sponsored by for-profit businesses. Copies of paid invoices showing the exact amount spent by the for-profit business for direct event expenses must be provided to the Casa Grande Tourism Office no later than thirty (30) days after the event. Application must be submitted with a current W-9.